Recorder of Deeds
Fraud Alert System
Cass County has recently implemented a fraud alert system that anyone may use to receive notification if something with their name or entity on it is recorded in our office. Simply go to casscounty.com/fraud.
Documents in Cass County
Please note: The Recorder's office cannot help provide or prepare documents for recording. Please contact a title company or real estate attorney for help in preparing documents for recording.
You can now search our website for free in Cass County. Click here to register and search for free.
The Cass County Recorder’s office is the repository for all Cass County land transactions. The Recorder's duties include reviewing, processing, recording and delivering back to the submitter all transfers of property and related documents in a timely manner.
We are also responsible for indexing, scanning, microfilming and providing certified copies of surveys, plats, deeds, deeds of trust, assignments, release deeds, powers of attorney, deed restrictions, federal and state tax liens, Uniform Commercial Code fixture filings, and other instruments of writing. The Recorder's Office also handles marriage licenses and we record military discharge papers at no charge. Our doors are always open to the constituents of Cass County.
Current Cass County Recorder of Deeds
Mike Medsker is the current Cass County Recorder of Deeds and was elected to the Recorders office in the November 2010 elections. He was reelected in the 2014 and 2018 elections.
- Who will prepare my documents for recording?
- How is property ownership conveyed from one party to another?
- I made a change to the document and need to record it over. Can documents be re-recorded?
- What is your document turn around time?
- Where is my release deed? The loan company said they sent it for recording.
- Why was my document rejected?
- What did that property sell for?
- Can I get the closing information (book / page, date / time, etc.) from the Recorder's Office?
- Will you to do a lien search for me?
- When will I receive the deed to my property?
- Are there easements on my property?
- I want to prepare my own document. Do you have the forms?
- How do I get a tax lien off my credit report?