Certificate of Non-Assessment

Obtaining Vehicle Registration
In order to obtain a current vehicle registration or renew license plates from the Missouri Department of Revenue, you must show them a personal property tax receipt or certificate of non-assessment for the prior year.

Non-Assessment Certificates
A non-assessment is issued to a county resident when no personal property tax was assessed for the prior year. This certificate is used in lieu of a paid personal property tax receipt when registering a vehicle or renewing license plates. No fee is charged for a certificate of non-assessment.

Certificates of non-assessment may be issued in the following circumstances:
  • This is the 1st vehicle you have owned
  • You are a former resident returning to Missouri and no unpaid personal property taxes are due in Cass or any other Missouri County
  • You are exempt from personal property taxes (individuals or organizations who are determined tax exempt by the state), i.e., churches and most non-profit and charitable organizations
  • You are new to our state
Obtaining a Certificate
To obtain a certificate of non-assessment, contact the Cass County Collector's Office by phone at 816-380-8377 or in person at:
2725 Cantrell Road
Harrisonville, MO 64701

The following information must be provided:
  • Your name
  • Current address
  • Year, make, and model of vehicle to be registered.