|Number of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Cass County
|Cases Recovered (as of 7/27/2020)||276|
Press Releases and Statements
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person through close contact (within 6 feet) by respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Infections can range from mild to severe.
Cases are being identified in the United States, some of which have been identified in Missouri and in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. Current case counts remain relatively low.
What are the signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever (88%)
- Dry cough (68%)
- Fatigue (38%)
- Excessive mucous production (33%)
- Shortness of breath (19%)
- Sore throat (14%)
- Headache (14%)
- Muscle pain (15%)
- Chills (11%)
- Nausea or vomiting (5%)
- Nasal congestion (5%)
- Diarrhea (4%)
What your Local Public Health Department is doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Local health departments in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area are in communication with each other as well as state and federal partners. Local public health is monitoring the health of individuals as guided by the CDC and providing guidance to healthcare providers. People with confirmed COVID-19 or possible exposure may be subject to 14-day isolation or monitoring. Cooperation from these individuals is vital to the public health response to slow the spread of the virus.
How can our community be prepared for COVID-19?
- Call the Missouri DHSS COVID-19 hotline (1-877-435-8411) for general questions
- Actively encourage those who are ill to stay home
- Review policies for requiring doctor’s notes for absences, and consider not requiring doctor’s notes
- Put up signage to promote proper hand hygiene and coughing etiquette
- Provide tissues and no-touch trash cans
- Routinely clean high touch surfaces; e.g., doorknobs, workstations, etc.
- Read the CDC’s framework for mitigation to see the current prevention and preparation recommendations for individuals/families, schools, assisted/senior living facilities, workplaces, and community and faith-based organizations