|Number of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Cass County
|Belton / Loch Lloyd||2670|
|Cleveland / West Line||152|
|Garden City / Gunn City||445|
|Cases Recovered (as of 8/28/21)||9419|
|Hospitalized at the time of case investigation (past 2 weeks)||7|
Confirmed and Probable Case Definitions
Confirmed Cased defined by the CDC:
• Meets confirmatory laboratory evidence. (Confirmatory laboratory evidence-detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 ribonucleic acid (SARS-CoV-2 RNA) in a clinical or autopsy specimen using a molecular amplification test) PCR- Polymerase Chain Reaction
Probable Case defined by the CDC:
• Meets clinical criteria (symptoms) AND epidemiologic linkage (Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 disease or member of a risk cohort as defined by public health authorities during an outbreak.) with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for SARS-CoV-2.
• Meets presumptive laboratory evidence. (Detection of SARS-CoV-2 by antigen test in a respiratory specimen)
• Meets vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2.
Confirmed and probable cases are investigated the same way and both require isolation, but probable cases do not meet the definition for confirmed cases and are NOT included in total case counts.
How can our community be prepared for COVID-19?
- Call the Missouri DHSS COVID-19 hotline (1-877-435-8411) for general questions
- Actively encourage those who are ill to stay home
- Review policies for requiring doctor’s notes for absences, and consider not requiring doctor’s notes
- Put up signage to promote proper hand hygiene and coughing etiquette
- Provide tissues and no-touch trash cans
- Routinely clean high touch surfaces; e.g., doorknobs, workstations, etc.
- Read the CDC’s framework for mitigation to see the current prevention and preparation recommendations for individuals/families, schools, assisted/senior living facilities, workplaces, and community and faith-based organizations